Fully healed microblading results are the most incredibly natural and hassle free procedure to enhance eyebrows. The path to achieving those anticipated healed results can be a bit surprising. In addition to following the microblading aftercare instructions, understanding the microblading healing process is essential to avoid unneeded stress and worry while going through the different stages of healing.
When it comes to understanding the microblading healing process, the best way to start is to emphasize the word “process”. Since the microblading procedure involves making micro abrasions into the skin, there is clearly going to be healing that the body must perform afterward. However, unlike other wounds, the fine strokes made by microblading must heal in a way that result in the pigment remaining in the skin mimicking the appearance of natural eyebrow hair. This is why the microblading aftercare instructions cannot be stressed enough! As the body heals, the microblading strokes will go through a series of looks before the final result is achieved. Not being prepared with what to expect can cause many to wonder if eyebrow microblading was a mistake. To help reduce the stress and drama, the microblading healing timeline is described below.
MICROBLADING HEALING TIMELINE
- Eyebrows are approximately 40% darker and bolder than they will be once fully healed
- Skin will be pink or red under the pigment which will cause the pigment color to appear much darker
- Swelling and redness will be present through and around the brows
- Swelling and redness has subsided
- Scabbing of the strokes is beginning
- Eyebrows start to itch and look much thicker in texture
Day 5 – 10
- Skin’s dead cells will begin to flake and peeling might begin around the edges of the eyebrows – do not pick!
Day 10 – 15
- Flaked off dead skin cells result in exfoliation, sometimes revealing no definite visible color in the skin
Day 15 – 30
- Pigment in the skin continues to oxidize and microbladed strokes begin to reappear in color intended from the beginning
- Some strokes may come back looking patchy or faded (6 to 8 week touch-up is needed as the final step!)
- Eyebrows are fully healed and ready to undergo the finishing strokes during a touch-up appointment
- Final eyebrow enhancement after touch up is complete!
MICROBLADING TOUCH-UP APPOINTMENT
Incredible microblading results are best achieved by understanding the healing process, putting aside doubts, and carefully following the microblading aftercare instructions. The initial microblading appointment is essential for laying a good foundation but the final touch-up appointment is where the microblading process is completed. Understand and trust the microblading healing process!