Whether you want your eyebrows thick and bold, high and arched, light or dark, microblading can help you achieve your desired eyebrow look. The practice involves using a modern hand tool with 12-14 micro sized blades to deposit pigment under the first few layers of the skin. The procedure involves zero down time and the result is perfect natural eyebrows that will last 1-3 years based on your skin type. No more meticulously drawing on your eyebrows every day!
But before you throw away your brow pencils, pomades, & powders, let’s go over who is eligible for the procedure and who we advise to receive further consultation.
The following conditions will restrict you from having the procedure conducted:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have tested positive for HIV or Hepatitis
- You are under the age of 18
We recommend that you call for further consultation if any of the following conditions apply to you:
- You have problematic skin
- You have a serious medical condition
- You have existing permanent makeup
- You are diabetic
- You have allergies to anesthetics
- You have allergies to latex, pigments, dyes, disinfectants, metals or any other sensitivities
In order to achieve optimal results from your eyebrow microblading appointment, the following before care instructions must be adhered to. It is very important to read and understand the Before Care requirements PRIOR to booking your appointment. This will help you determine how far in the future your appointment needs to be scheduled based on your individual situation.
- Stop all Botox, fillers, laser treatments, and chemical peels 14 days prior to appointment
- Any brow waxing and shaping should be done 2 days prior to appointment
- DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin within 24 hours before your procedure as this will promote excess bleeding and reduce color retention)
- We will not be able to microblade over any blemishes, sores, and moles in or around the brow area
- If you have been prescribed Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this treatment
- Avoid tanning 3 days prior to your appointment
- Stop all use of Retina A, Renova, Lash growth products, and Hydroxyl Acid
We hope this information clarifies who is eligible to receive microblading and the steps that need to be taken before your appointment! If you would like to discuss any of the conditions that need further consultation, please contact us.